Thalion sat down with his officers to look over the intelligence report Erindale had sent him, as he read it he wondered if they were perhaps in over their heads.
Aurumtec, The Red Wyrm, The Killing Fire, Rash Ziril (Dwarven), Vere Mors
Former Sub Chancellor for the Council of Wyrms, Former Executionier for Council or Wyrms. Bearer of Thelador during the Mage Rant Wars, Former Keeper of the Obsidian Orb. Slayer of Speaker Kanantha, brought over 8000 elven warrior to their early deaths. Melted the Original Dwarf Gate and ended the first line of Thanes.
- The Area is in a rocky cliff laden section of the Elven Court, formally used for mining
- There are three nearby villages
o Haen Asari
Mainly occupied by halflings and is mostly a berry farming location
Nestled on the edge of Lake Asari,
probably a two day flight by eagle to his layer
people are like to be helpful of a Knight of Quenya
known to have several small shrines,
is the smallest of the towns
Steward Bernard Elvellon administers the town
Elvish mining town
Equal parts Halfling and elf
Maybe a day’s flight to his layer
Will be helpful,
No major water features near them (springs and wells mostly)
Known to have a small church to Arazul
Aldermen Selathit Tormys is in charge of the town
o Anyfa Belanore
On the Belanore River
Mostly Elvish town
Two days flight from the Lair
The still pay tribute to the Dragon and are like to warn the dragon of your presence, recommend avoiding them
They are the largest of the towns, likely to have at least two arcane casters and known to have two fair sized churches
Warden Folre Gengwyn is in charge of town
- Recommend landing your ship near Tree Fall and flying to Haen Asari (two days flight) Then flying to Larenqua doing a final resupply and then heading in.
- Aurumtec made his layer in the crags or the northern elven court, deep in a cave he had shifted the plates and created a small magma flow where he rests and sleeps.
- The cave system and crags were former magnesium mines, which rest precariously above and around his bed.
- He was known to have several fire elemental servants who work as his guards and eyes while he sleeps. They have likely trapped many of the approaches to his layer.
- The area is specifically designed to have difficult approaches on foot, no way to get wagons or carts in.
- Any geographical spacing’s large enough for an aerial approach would be easily spotted by the Wyrm and guards days in advance and due to the ground approached weaving in and out of caves, would not able to support ground crews.
- It is said that many of the caves in the area vent methane and other noxious gases dangerous to most demi humans
- He is Strong, stronger than many of his kind. Remember he was an executioner for the Council of Wyrms, he has experience in aerial combat and the ability to kill other dissident dragons
- He is smart, and twisted, he sees elves as cattle, other demi humans as worse, you will have to display massive keen intellect to even cause him to recognise you as something beyond food. You will need to maintain that if you expect him to actually treat with you.
- His fire can harm even creatures who normally live in fire
- He is not known to be a skilled caster among dragons, but don’t let that fool you, he has forgotten more about magic than many elves deem to learn, and is able to caste a number of powerful spells at will.
- He is certainly knowledgeable of the weave, I have heard evidence of his fascination with Bogna, he may try to employ it against you, this is part of why you were chosen for this mission.
- His domination powers are very strong, be wary of spies and your allies, he may be able to dominate members of your group and turn them against you, be prepared for this.
- He has slept soundly since before the Devil Demon Aberrant War. Long ago I constructed a magical damn that made a mist that helped lull him and keep him asleep, the flood broke the damn and drenched him awake… I do not have the resources to build another damn any time soon.
- With his long sleep, he will be knew to the ways of cannons and guns, or at least not have seen their like before.
- He lies, and is known to lie often, breaking his word to an elf will mean nothing to him, be wary of that.
- He has long ago enchanted his claws with powerful blades, two of his teeth have been replaced with mithril spikes
- If he learns who you are, you can assume he will research you and prepare accordingly.
- His Hide is Powerful, if your weapon is less than a +4 it will have lesser effects.
- He is an excellent flyer, best to take him on the ground… in cramped caves if you can
- He knows his environment and surroundings, he will use them to his advantage
- Trust each other, he will try to turn you against each other
- Prolonged exposure to his breath weapon can cause even magical items to melt… melting magic can cause catastrophic consequences… be wary of this
- I have started spreading rumors of weaknesses you do not have in hopes of confusing his spies should he research you.
What I can lend for this mission
- The speed of which this mission must happen prevents me from making items for you, you will have to subsist on items already available within the tower.
- 20 arrows of Dragon Slaying
- 6 bullets of Dragon Slaying
- 1 Heavy Crossbow Bolt of Greater Dragon Slaying
- 7 amulets of Fire Absorption (300 points each)
- 1 3)
- +4 Adamantium Tipped Eagle War Lance
- Dragoncatch Guisarme
- +4 Great Frost-Thunder Hammer
- +4 Starbow
- Gun with No Name
- 2 Potions of Fly
- 5 Potions of Jump
- 8 Potions of Bull Strength
- 4 Potions of Bears Endurance
- 2 Potions of Lesser Restoration
- 20 Cure Light Wounds Potions
- 15 Cure Moderate Wound Potions
- 5 Cure Serious Wound Potions
- 1 Heal Potion
- Eight Battle Trained Griffins, Barding of Fire Resistance 10 on each
Please let me know which of these items you wish to take